Korean Braised Potatoes (gamja jorim 감자조림) is a popular Korean banchan (side dish) that is easy to make and very customizable. Simply use potatoes or add other hearty veggies like carrots!
- 6 red potatoes
- avocado oil
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon mirin
2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Roasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon honey
1. Wash 6 red potatoes and cut them into ½ in. chunks
2. Lightly oil a baking sheet so that your potatoes do not stick and roast the potatoes in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes
~While the potatoes are cooking, you can prep/cook some other simple banchan like the Spicy Korean Cucumber Salad!~
3. Once they are out of the oven, place them in a pan and add 3 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of mirin, 2 tablespoon of sugar and ½ cup of water
4. Cover the pan and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes on medium heat until most of the water is boiled away
5. Reduce the heat, add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil, 1 tablespoon of honey and some roasted sesame seeds
6. Lightly stir until the sauces coat the potatoes. Simmer for a bit longer to thicken up the sauce.
7. Garnish with some more roasted sesame seeds as desired. Serve and enjoy!
Usually this recipe calls for small potatoes, but larger potatoes cut into 1/2 inch pieces works great! You can also crisp up the potatoes the pan instead of the oven!
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Braising
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: Korean Braised Potatoes